Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Summer semester continues

Nothing too exciting going on right now. As a follow-up from my last post, I managed to get "A"s in both of my classes last semester, for which I was extremely grateful. I am really enjoying my last class, which ends next Wednesday, both because it is my last class and because it's been a really interesting subject matter with lots of reading that I have really enjoyed. I especially liked reading The Mysteries of Udolpho and The Hunchback of Notre Dame and Northanger Abbey, if anyone's looking for summer reading (though I will admit that none of them are real "page-turners," there is something deeper that makes them good reads).
After my class ends I will look for full-time work to take up the remainder of summer. I'm not sure how much longer I can take working the grounds. It's nice to be outside but it is really exhausting work and the hotter it gets the more tired I get. I'm just not really built for manual labor and my right shoulder has also started to give me some trouble as a result of an old injury being irritated.
Other than that I don't have a lot to report. James is getting close to his year mark, which just makes me happy! My brother, Gary, will be getting home from his mission in November and my sister, Kerstin, will be home in February. I'm really excited to have Gary home in the near future; he's just such a good kid and I have missed him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home