Wednesday, February 02, 2005

The trouble with cars

I went to get my car emission-ed and inspected Monday. I figured it would take about an hour or so and cost about $70. Boy was I wrong! Five hours and $317.54 later I began to wonder if having a car was really all that important. Unfortunately it was a little late for me to change my mind. So I won't be buying anything new for a while.

Also this week I have discovered the wonders of insurance. I've had a nasty sinus infection which seems to have moved into my lungs so after a week of misery I finally decided to set up an appointment to talk to a doctor. Thanks to James I remembered that I do have BYU insurance, and as it turns out, I should only have to pay $10 for the doctor visit, which is good since (as mentioned above) I'm a little short on cash right now.

On the bright side, I have been given another editing assignment for my internship job and this time I get to edit content as well as grammar and work with the author (this may not sound exciting to you, but believe me, it is!). This will be a good chance to find out if this is what I really want to do or not.

Well, I'm supposed to be working on a huge presentation for tomorrow, so I think I'll go get started on that now. (Also thanks to James I have a ton of pictures to use in my presentation--isn't he wonderful!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home