Monday, June 06, 2005

Work, work, work!

My job hunt is finally over!!! (Unless something unexpected happens.) This morning I got called in on a temp job through SOS Staffing, and when I got there I discovered that they actually need me for the rest of the summer. Perfect! They pay $10 an hour and it's a job I can handle for three months. I work with microfilm all day. It's not thrilling, but the people seem really nice, and it's a little like boring detective work, so it's acceptable. And at $10.00 an hour, I can't really complain.

Recently I also got a couple more articles to edit for Irreantum (the journal I was doing an internship with). They liked my work and asked me to stay on the copy-editing team for as long as I am able. It's nice to have an opportunity to continue doing some editing, even if it doesn't earn me any money. Hopefully when I finish school and I'm ready to be hired as an editor they can help me get me foot in the door somewhere.

On another note, I got a good workout this weekend playing with James and his brothers at the park. And I rediscovered that kids' energy works on the supply and demand principle, as long as there is a demand, they have an endless supply(to paraphrase James's statement). Kaden and I ran, climbed, and swung, while Casey, Cy, and James had sword fights. It was a lot of fun, but I got worn out a lot faster than any of the kids and I was sore the next day .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home