Monday, March 14, 2005

Family parties

We have been inundated with family parties of late. We have had at least one family get-together per weekend ever since the last week of February and we have another one this coming weekend. Not that I mind, I like my extended family, and all of the parties have been for a good cause (we've had a lot of family visiting from out-of-state the last little while).

Last night James went with me to a party at my Uncle Jim's house down in Pleasant Grove. There was a lot of family visiting from out of town that I hadn't seen for a while so it was a lot of fun! My Uncle Stan and Uncle Jim are great story tellers and they kept us laughing for the first half hour that we were there. My Aunt Brenda and Uncle Milton were there too. They were like a second set of parents to me as I was growing up and I don't see them very often these days since they now live down in Henryville, so it was great to see them and have them meet James. We also played with my little cousin, Henry, and his balloon. He is adorable--he would throw the balloon up in the air and then grin so wide he looked like a jack-o-lantern. (It was also very endearing to watch James play with Henry). Then just as we were heading out the door Uncle Jim's wife, Stacy, stopped me to ask about school. She has a fun personality and is easy to talk with, so we got side-tracked for another 15 minutes. So we ended up, unintentionally, being the last one's to leave; we didn't get back to Salt Lake until nearly 10:00 pm.

When we got back to James's house, his mom had some delicious, home-made strawberry shortcake for us, so we ate that and talked for a bit before I headed home. It was just an all-around good day! I just love spending time with James ( actually come to think of it, I just love James in general)! I've missed him the last couple of weeks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home